Monday, January 12, 2009

Drum What?

I am a Drum Stomper and part of a community called Drum Denizens. Drum Denizens are a group of people having fun creating simple and rhythmic sounds of tuned drums, percussion and other musical instruments.

Drumming has been used for thousands of years to strengthen communities, raise their spirits, passion and drive the individuals and groups to unite and achieve one common goal.
I’ve always wanted a drum when I was a kid. I still remember my first drum set. It was made and put together by my late grandfather. It consisted of two iron pods, buckets or piles and the pod cover as the cimble. I was brought up in a “kampung” (or village). We didn’t have big toy stores or music shops there. But I guess the happiness I felt when I saw that DIY drum set is just the same as some kids who got their Yamaha or Tama drum set. But nowadays, you can see a lot of kids who are not that grateful for what they have.

I have been surrounded by rhythm and music since I can remember. Music is part of my life. And I’m blessed to be able to share the wonderful experience of drumming with you and many others.

However, I don’t play the drum set that used in a band. The kind of drum I use is the African drum or djembe (pronounced as jem-bay).


The Djembe is used mostly in community drumming or drum circle. To experience the wonderful effect of drumming, go to http://www.drumdenizen.com and ask us for the next jammin’ session. You will be revived and feel more alive that you have in a long time. What a great way to start the year!

4 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love drumming too. It just builds up my confidence as i play along. I enjoy the unique sound it makes.

I am a drumstomper too.

www.drumstompers.com Check it out!!

 
At January 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a high spirited way of expressing oneself. We are Drumstompers.

 
At January 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drumming help someone to reduce stress & increase appetite.

 
At January 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drum what????? Drum stomper :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home